Latitude 45 Varsity Mountain Bike Team
This is a new opportunity for high school students in Emmet and Charlevoix Counties to join a riding community specifically for teenagers.
Team camaraderie, awesome new uniforms and shop sponsorship in the form of discounts are just a few of the reasons why you should consider trying out for this new team.
Scroll down for more details!
- Tryouts - must complete set ride in max time or less prior to spring/fall seasons - Tanton WFR Black Loop (info below)
- Participate in a minimum of three races per year.
- Participate in a minimum of 10 team rides/practices per year (spring/fall combined) - we ride Wednesday evenings from 4:30pm-6:30pm during the school year at various trails in the area. Locations announced via email Monday each week. Wednesday training rides during the summer will be available on occasion and communicated prior, typically running from 6:30pm-8pm.
- Participate in team photoshoot (one per season)
- Participate in at least two team trail building or maintenance events (TOMMBA, TOTMC or other) per year, wearing Latitude 45 gear/accompanied by guardian if minor
- Wear team kit/jersey during ride/events/photoshoots
- Must have valid email and be actively using it
- Open to riders from Emmet & Charlevoix Counties
- Latitude 45 Varsity team jersey at cost ($46)
- 15% off all bikes
- 15% off parts and accessories
- Weekly coaching from head coach and Latitude 45 owner Christian Janssens along with some experienced guest coaches from Latitude 45's adult cycling team.
- A super fun crew to ride with that is close to or at your age!
- Interested? Apply below
Signing up and tryouts
- First APPLY HERE to make us aware that you will be doing your time trial tryout ride for Spring 2023.
- Designated time trial tryout trail is still Tanton Black Loop (Details below.).
- Once the designated trail is rideable (mid-late April/possibly early May) start training and working to hit the tryout requirements (tbd). We recommend using Strava to time your ride and submitting when complete (details to follow)
- This team is open to female and male high school students including rising Fresh "people" 2023 (aka 8th graders in their spring semester who will be in high school Fall of 2023).
- One adult coach (primarily Coach Christian) will be present for all scheduled team rides/practices. There must be at least 2 student riders participating in a ride/practice for the ride to occur.
Spring 2023 Time Trial Details
- Trail: Black Loop at Tanton WFR
- Max Time: 38 minutes starting at parking lot
- Route description: We recommend going left (clockwise) which can be done Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Going right is harder. Start going left and always go left, from Green to Blue to Black to Blue to Green and to the parking lot.
- How to submit: Open a free Strava account and time your rides. Send a screenshot of your ride to Coach Christian's email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- When? ASAP! The faster you qualify, the faster you can start riding with the team.