Latitude 45 Varsity Mountain Bike Team
This is a new opportunity for high school students in Emmet and Charlevoix Counties to join a riding community specifically for teenagers.
Team camaraderie, awesome new uniforms and shop sponsorship in the form of discounts are just a few of the reasons why you should consider trying out for this new team.
Scroll down for more details!
Signing up and tryouts
- First APPLY HERE to make us aware that you will be doing your time trial tryout ride for Fall 2022
- Designated time trial tryout trail to follow on this page (It's time to ride! See below)
- Once the designated trail is rideable (late April/early May) start training and working to hit the tryout requirements (tbd). We recommend using Strava to time your ride and submitting when complete (details to follow)
- This team is open to female and male high school students including rising Fresh "people" 2022.
- One adult coach (primarily Coach Christian) will be present for all scheduled team rides/practices. There must be at least 2 student riders participating in a ride/practice for the ride to occur.
Fall 2022 Time Trial Details
- Trail: Black Loop at Tanton WFR
- Max Time: 38 minutes starting at parking lot
- Route description: We recommend going left (clockwise) which can be done Saturday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Going right is harder. Start going left and always go left, from Green to Blue to Black to Blue to Green and to the parking lot.
- How to submit: Open a free Strava account and time your rides. Send a screenshot of your ride to Coach Christian's email (email@example.com).
- When? ASAP! The faster you qualify, the faster you can start riding with the team.